Science made simple
Researchers are continuously exploring the science behind PNH to better understand how it affects the body and how to best address it. When new discoveries are made, articles are published to share learnings within the scientific community. These articles are often very complex. Below are quick summaries of the key findings of a few recent publications.
- Understanding the disease burden of PNH
- The effect of fatigue and other symptoms on the lives of patients with PNH and other rare bone marrow disorders
- The effects of PNH in children versus in adults
- People with PNH can develop blood clots, even if they don’t have significant hemolysis
- PNH may be caused by a different genetic mutation
Detecting PNH in bone marrow samples
instead of blood samples
Please note: The information on this page is meant to be informational only and is not intended to replace medical advice. Always talk to your healthcare provider about any questions you may have on PNH, its symptoms or treatment.